Soviet Shchuka Class Submarine 1/144
Scale 1: 144
unbuilt / unpainted
Paint and glue not included
The Shch 402 was part of the largest class of medium-sized Soviet Type X submarines during World War II called the "Shchuka". With a length of 57 m, it was characterized by improved rationalization under water and a higher surface speed. Built in Leningrad after crossing the White Sea-Baltic Canal in 1937, it joined the 2nd Submarine Division of the Northern Fleet. During World War II, it took part in 16 raids carried out by Captains N.G. Stolbov and A.M. Kautsky. In 1942 it was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of the Battle and in 1943 the rank of Guardian. Shch 402 disappeared without a trace in a campaign that was probably sunk in a minefield off the coast of Norway at the end of September 1944.