SMS Emden light cruiser was built by Kaiserliche Werft Danzig dockyard (nowadays Gdansk in Poland). The construction process began in 1906, the launching of the ship took place on 26 May 1908. Together with SMS Dresden, she belonged to Dresden protected cruiser class.
SMS Emden was put into service on 1 April 1910. Eleven days later she was sent to the German colony Qingdao (Tsingtao) in China. The destination was reached on September that year. There the ship was incorporated into German East Asia Squadron. In 1913 Lieutenant-Commander Karl von Müller took command of the ship. He was soon promoted to the rank of full Commander.
With 116 renders (computer-animated color drawings) and 16 anaglyphs 3D.
Author(s): Samir Karmich
Year of publication: 2015
Dimensions: 30 x 21cm
Weight: 0.30 kg